People Focus Team
Cornell is working to incorporate sustainability into staff, student, and faculty leadership development, human resources programs and policies, and campus community engagement...
The People Focus Team is one of the 10 President's Sustainable Campus Committee Focus Teams.
Sustainability engagement builds on the success of Cornell's long-standing commitments to diversity and fair compensation. Equipping students, faculty, and staff with the tools, knowledge, and motivation to adopt behavior changes that promote sustainability is an essential activity of a sustainable campus.
- Host one community-wide educational experience on campus that highlights the connection between diversity and sustainability.
- Continuous improvement of Management Academy sustainability module for campus managers.
- Work with the Staff Survey team on increasing personal energy program.
- Create student based lunch series.
- Integrate key sustainability facts/information into the new employee orientation.
- Support launch of Green Offices program.
- Collaborate with Diversity Councils to develop a ‘Toward New Destinations initiative’ in one division that highlights the connection between diversity and sustainability.