Cayuga Nature Center
The Cayuga Nature Center cultivates awareness, appreciation and responsibility for the natural world through outdoor and environmental education...
The Nature Center overlooks Cayuga Lake on Route 89 in the Town of Ulysses, 15 minutes west of downtown Ithaca in New York. The grounds and trails are open to the public 365 days per year from dawn to dusk. Programs and Activities include:
- Climb six stories into the tree branches with the TreeTops
- See a live animal collection featuring reptiles, mammals, and birds in both indoor and outdoor enclosures.
- Enjoy a special toddler playroom.
- Relax in the WPA-era Lodge after hiking more than five miles of scenic trails traversing 120 acres of natural gorges and native wildlife.
- Enjoy the Nature Center year round: walk among the butterflies in our summer butterfly garden or take to the trails in winter with snowshoes or skis.
- On-site and off-site educational programming including youth camp experiences during winter and spring school breaks and summer.
Local schools and educators can benefit from the many programs offered at the Nature Center. Connect the classroom to the natural world with one of many environmental education programs, or challenge your students to surpass their perceived limitations on a TEAM Challenge ropes course.