Join a CSA!
With a CSA, you purchase a share, and re-ceive a weekly portion of the farm’s products...
Information from Cornell Recreational Services Wellness Program
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
Check out the four CSA’s below who have the capacity to deliver to the Cornell campus.
Cornell Wellness is working with Cornell Cooperative Extension to help our employees eat more healthfully, our farmers to reach more people with local foods, and to benefit our community in general. In addition to on campus deliveries, there are many CSA’s in our area that might have pick up locations closer to your home, too. Sign up for CSAs: http://ccetompkins.org/agriculture/buy-local/csa-directory.
- The Full Plate Farm Collective - Contact Sara Worden directly with questions and to sign up for a Full Plate Farm CSA
- Good Life Farm CSA+ - Contact Melissa Madden directly with questions and to sign up for a Good Life Farm CSA
- Early Morning Farm - Contact Anton directly with questions and to sign up for an Early Morning Farm CSA
- Buried Treasures Organic Farm - Contact Buried Treasures Farm directly with questions and to sign up for a Buried Treasures Farm CSA
- Just A Few Acres Farm - Contact Peter directly with questions and to sign up for a Just A Few Acres CSA
Pick Up Programs are available on campus with the above farms at the following locations:
- East Hill Office Building (EHOB). Tanya Grove is the coordinator.
- Vet Research Tower (VRT). Cindy DeCloux is the coordinator.
- Martha Van Rensselaer Hall (MVR). Lucy Pola is the coordinator.
Employees can choose any CSA they’d like to join or even join more than one depending on the items you want delivered. General questions can be directed to Beth McKinney, firstname.lastname@example.org, at Cornell Wellness.
Also, did you know that Cornell students run an Organic Farm next to central campus called Dillmun Hill Student Farm? They offer CSA farm shares too. Members can pick up their shares on campus at the Farmer’s Market at Cornell on the Cornell Ag Quad, Thursdays anytime between 11:00 AM-2:00 PM starting on September 8. Learn more about Dillmun Hill Student Farm. Follow on Facebook. Contact Katie directly with questions and to sign up for a Dilmun Hill CSA farm share.