Tompkins County Commuter Challenge
Taking the challenge is as easy as 1,2,3!comments share
A series of events geared at bringing awareness to and encouraging the use of various alternative commute options to driving alone. Learn about the many benefits smart commute choices can bring to employers, commuters and the community
Take Charge of Your Transportation!
Help reach Tompkins County’s emission reduction goals by 2030! Can we reduce our emissions by 20% in the next fifteen years? Yes We Can!
Learn The Facts:
- 1/3 of all green house gas emissions are associated to transportation.
- The work commute makes up for 20% of that 1/3.
- 60% of commuters in Tompkins County drive alone.
- 15,000+ commute from out of County daily.
We live in a car dominated society where the number of cars in our county increases as our population and job market grows. We can reduce our impact on our environment by exploring smart choices and investing in the right infrastructure, technology and education to get us (literally) moving in the right direction!
What can you do to make a difference? Take the Challenge!
Try switching up your commute once or more a week.
- Go Car-light! Use the alternatives more often. Live too far? Carpool,walk, bike, or take transit the rest of the way. Reduce the amount of trips you make a day or week. Track money, miles and emissions saved. Earn points and rewards along the way.
This site can help you to identify what options are right for you. Up for the challenge?
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.