Cornell Team & Leadership Center Hiring for a Student Coordinator
Dynamic work environment, $10 per hour and 30+ hours per week...comments share
Summer 2015: Train (paid) 10-15 hours per week this Spring, begin work May 2015 (30+ hours/week May-end of August)
Ideal candidate also stays on and works 10-15 hours per week during fall and spring semesters.
The Student Coordinator is a part-time position (10-15 hours per week when class is in session, 30-40 hours per weeks summer) for a current Cornell University student who desires the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the business/administration side of outdoor education. This position entails significant responsibilities for all aspects of the Cornell Team & Leadership Center operations and services, including sales, client relations, marketing, contract management, scheduling, and staffing. This position may entail occasional weekend and evening responsibilities. This person will Co-Coordinate with one of our current Student Coordinators for the fall and spring semester.
- Sales: Connect with clients, sell programs and answer inquiries about CTLC
- Client relations: Take primary responsibility for maintaining client relationships, specifically student organizations. Responsibilities include returning phone calls and emails promptly, creating group contracts, distributing information sheets for program participants, and following up with evaluation summaries. In general, keeping clients informed and satisfied is the role to be played.
- Marketing: Assume responsibility for marketing student programs. Responsibilities include advertising, postering, emailing blasts, and creating up-to-date brochures.
- Administration: Create and manage course folders, which consist of waivers, evaluations, log forms, incident reports, etc.
- Scheduling: Schedule all programs at the Hoffman Challenge Course, Barton Challenge Course, and portable programs on relevant calendars. Schedule vans and any other necessary facilities.
- Staffing: Arrange staffing of student programs through email and phone contacts, generate staff contracts from CTLC database, and track Staff certifications and training.
- Assist the CTLC Director and/or Manager in all aspects of coordination and implementation of Cornell CTLC programs, including but not limited to professional programs, facility maintenance, and special projects as needed.
- Working knowledge of Cornell Team & Leadership Center helpful
- Previous experience in facilitating teambuilding programs helpful
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer proficiency
- Flexible, energetic, team player
- Real, hands on work experience running all aspects of a growing outdoor program serving 5000 people per year
- Dynamic work environment
- Support, supervision, and responsibility
- Make a difference in the lives of Cornell University Students and the Ithaca Community
- Discount on COE classes, rentals, programs, etc.
Positions begins with paid training after spring break. Hours are flexible, but must be mostly during business hours (8am-5pm).
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Or send a resume and cover letter to:
Matt Cowburn email@example.com Challenge Course Programs Coordinator B01 Bartels Hall, Campus Rd. Ithaca, NY 14853 607-255-9512 phone
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.