APPLY NOW! Waste Reduction Intern
APPLICATION DEADLINE December 15th, 2014 - open to current Cornell students.comments share
The R5 Operations department, within Facilities Services, is offering one part-time paid position for an undergraduate student intern. R5 Operations coordinates the recycling and solid waste removal for the campus, engages in campus activities including Recyclemania, and partners with organizations and academic groups across campus and in the Ithaca community to transform the campus into a ‘living laboratory’ for sustainable solutions. Job duties focused on student engagement and training, leadership development, community-based social marketing, and program planning. More information on R5 Operations is available at http://r5.fs.cornell.edu. The position salary is $10/hour. Work hours are 10 hours/week during the school year. Work study students are encouraged to apply.
The Waste Reduction Intern position in the R5 Operations Department will focus, for the 2014-2015 Academic Year, on two essential programs:
- North Campus Residence Hall Compost Collection - Approximately 50% of the position will be to inventory existing volunteer compost collection programs in residence halls, and to develop, implement, and coordinate a unified volunteer compost collection program for these facilities.
- North Campus Residence Hall Recycling and Waste Reduction Education – Approximately 50% of the position will be to support education and awareness of waste reduction and recycling with a special focus on engagement activities during the Recyclemania game.
- Support student leadership development and training.
- Development of communications materials, presentations, and programs related to recycling, composting, and waste reduction.
- Serve as the R5 Operations liaison between student club leaders, Residence Hall Advisors, and Eco Reps.
- Serve as undergraduate representative on the Presidents Sustainable Campus Committee Waste Team Focus.
- Coordinate student outreach and engagement strategies with the Campus Sustainability Office interns and EcoReps class participants
- Organizational and project management skills
- Outreach campaign planning and social marketing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work collaboratively on teams
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.