2017 Fall Energy Smackdown Competition
Compete, reduce energy, win prizes!
EnergySmackdown is an annual 6 week competition for the Cornell campus to reduce or eliminate energy use in our personal lives and between buildings. Win prizes, learn how to conserve, and together as a campus we can focus on learning behaviors that help us reduce our carbon footprint.
Cornell University is committed to carbon neutrality by 2035. That means we all have a role to play in reducing our energy use and changing behaviors. Together, staff, faculty, and students can co-create an enduring culture of sustainability on campus - for our people and our planet.
2017 Competition Details
Compettion Dates: Saturday October 14th - November 30th, 2017
Competition Poster: Download full 2017 Event Poster
Competition Leaderboard: Cornell University Building Energy Dashboard
How to Participate:
Individuals can participate, but you can also compete as a building. Organize a team in your building to compare results week to week! Here's how to get started:
- Sign up for our listserv and follow us on Facebook
- Each week, you'll receive two new actions to reduce energy
- Implement the new actions in your life or building each week. Then, share what you've done on our Facebook page for a chance to win the weekly prize!
- Each week, prize winner will be drawn on Friday at 5pm. Entries to Facebook are due Friday at Noon.
Every week, each building’s energy consumption and standings results will be posted on the Cornell Building Dashboard. All reductions compare to a unique baseline for each building.
- 2016: MVR East (College of Human Ecology), Akwe:kon (New Student and Residential Programs)
- 2015: Beebe Hall (College of Human Ecology), Ecology House (New Student and Residential Programs)
- 2014: MVR West (College of Human Ecology), Court – Kay – Bauer and Mews Hall (New Student and Residential Programs)
- 2013: Carpenter Hall