Marriot Learning Center
LEED Gold rating, earned 61 out of 110 possible points...
Marriot Learning Center has undergone renovations utilizing the LEED® CI (Commercial Interiors) systems. By selecting energy efficient lighting and controls the Learning Center reduced electrical lightning consumption by 25.9%. In addition, all wood products installed contained no added urea-formaldehyde which may cause health concerns. Read the final USGBC review report (pdf).
How is “Green” measured?
A point system (maximum of 110) is used.
The USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) awards points in 5 main categories:
- Sustainable Sites
- Water Efficiency
- Materials / Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
A project can earn additional points for innovative approaches and by achieving regionally focused credits.
What are the Possible Ratings under the LEED v.2009 Commercial Interiors system?
- Certified: 40 - 49 points
- Silver: 50 - 59 points
- Gold: 60 - 79 points
- Platinum: 80+ points
How Does the Marriot Learning Center Stack Up?
|Category||Possible Pts||Earned Pts|
|Energy / Atmosphere||37||20|
|Materials / Resources||14||4|
|Indoor Environmental Quality||17||10|
|Innovation & Design||7||6|
|Regional Priority Credits||4||3|
|The Marriot Learning Center earned 61 of 110 possible points||110||61|
- Diverted over 60% of construction waste from landfills.
- Donated furnishings and library supplies to various non-profits including museums, libraries and historical societies in the central New York area.
- 100% of eligible equipment and appliances are Energy Star rated.
Marriot Learning Center renovations Team includes:
- Architect: Woods Bagot
- Construction Manager: LeChase Construction
- Project Engineers: Jaros Baum & Bolles
- Commissioning Agent: Facilities Dynamics
LEED®, and its related logo, is a trademark owned by the U.S. Green Building Council® and is used with permission.