Land Focus Team
Cornell plans and maintains its land resources, green spaces, and grounds with sustainability in mind...
The Land Focus Team is one of the 10 President's Sustainable Campus Committee Focus Teams.
The Cornell Master Plan provides a guide for future green development. Beautiful and welcoming campus grounds are planned, planted, and maintained while minimizing the use of toxic chemicals, protecting wildlife habitat, and conserving water and resources.
- Research and adopt LEED-ND for campus development in 2013.
- Assessment of carbon reductions and participation in Climate Action Plan update.
- Develop additional metrics for land use, ecosystem services.
- Engage Students in campus stewardship activities (FOG, COE, planning and landscape projects, measuring ecosystem services, etc.)/li>
- Communicate the naturalization effort to Cornell community.
- Complete Campus Tree Inventory update to include ecosystem services (maintaining Tree Campus designation).
- Promote use of and learning opportunities related to campus, natural areas, and city trails through creating maps, interpretive signs, QR information linked to through smart phones, and encouraging local hikes.
- Establish green infrastructure for storm water management/CO2 emissions absorption.
- Develop additional metrics.
Nina Bassuk, Professor and Program Director of the Urban Horticultural Institute email@example.com
Leslie Schill, University Planner, Office of the University Architect & Campus Planning, firstname.lastname@example.org
Miles Schwartz Sax, Graduate Student Horticulture, email@example.com
Contact the Land Focus Team: PSCC-LAND-L@LIST.CORNELL.EDU.