APPLY NOW! Communication Majors and Minors Internship with the Campus Sustainability Office
Open to current Cornell University students with declared Communication Majors and Minors...comments share The Cornell University Campus Sustainability Office is seeking a part-time communications media tracking & data analytics position for undergraduate Communication Department students beginning Fall 2017. Credit requires 60 hours for 1 credit over the course of the semester, approximately 5 hours/week.
Not a communications major? we have a communications position open for any student of any study here.
The Campus Sustainability Office works to empower, equip, and engage the campus community to model and invent solutions necessary for a healthy and resilient future. Help support leadership events and media coverage for key events and resources, and work with a dynamic team supporting implementation of the Climate Action Plan and goal to reach carbon neutrality by 2035, topical sustainability coverage in food, water, waste, and transportation, and collaborate with student, staff and faculty teams in the over 150 person President’s Sustainable Campus Committee. Join us as we aim to transform the campus into a ‘living laboratory’ for sustainable solutions by creating dynamic and engaging communications content, and supporting critical communications research and infrastructure. More information on campus sustainability initiatives sustainablecampus.cornell.edu .
- Monitor and create metrics tracking for sustainability news and story impact; capture and record relevant sustainability stories and events through the Sustainable Campus website
- Create analytics insights for Sustainable Campus website and Campus Sustainability outreach materials and stories across platforms
- Research cutting edge communication solutions, outreach and impact strategies, and new technology to enhance sustainability engagement, learning, and culture at Cornell University
- Support the redesign and implementation of the Sustainable Campus website; assist in redefining an interactive climate and sustainability progress reporting platform
- Innovator and self-starter with the desire to perform consistent excellent work
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with data analytics, communications tracking, or media impact assessment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with short deadlines
For instructions on how to apply, go to Enrollment Process for the Communication Internship (COMM 4960)
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.