Still Looking for a Summer Job? Try Get Your GreenBack Tompkins!
This summer work-study job is in business and sustainability outreach...comments share
The Get Your GreenBack Tompkins campaign is looking for one or more federal work-study students for a summer position reaching out to local businesses and non-profits and engaging them in the countywide sustainability campaign.
$10-12/hour, depending on experience
MUST BE FEDERAL WORK STUDY ELIGIBLE.
Hours per week: 20-40; hours are flexible and negotiable
Start date: May 16, 2013
Get Your GreenBack Tompkins (GYGB) is a non-profit, community-based campaign to inspire all households and businesses in Tompkins County to take one new step to save energy and money in the areas of food, transportation, waste, and building energy. The campaign is part of a larger movement building an ecologically sound and economically just community.
The Business and Organization Outreach Intern will work with the GYGB coordinator to engage the local business and non-profit communities in the steps of the campaign. The intern will compile stories of new steps the businesses and organizations have taken in the last year, and share these stories on the GYGB website, Facebook page, and through other media as appropriate. The intern will assess ways the campaign can better support these businesses and organizations to adopt sustainable practices, and help develop programs, tools or other resources that can provide this necessary support.
• Compile list of county businesses and organizations
• Contact via email, phone calls, and in person businesses and organizations
• Compile stories of sustainable behaviors from businesses and organizations contacted, and share the stories through the GYGB website, Facebook, etc.
• Intern will also define specific projects and goals with GYGB staff based on interest and skills.
Previous work experience/skills/special requirements:
• Must be Federal Work Study eligible or willing to accept an unpaid educational internship
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a conscientious and respectful manner
• Photography and video skills a plus
• Understanding of social media, Facebook especially, a plus
• Must be highly motivated, organized, reliable
• Able to work independently, report progress, as well as ask for help when needed
• Interest in sustainability and social change
• Knowledge of Tompkins County a plus
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Karim Beers, Campaign Coordinator, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
615 Willow Ave. Ithaca, NY 14850
Phone: (607) 272-2292
Fax: (607) 272-7088
Email address: email@example.com
Web site address: www.getyourgreenback.org
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.