Statewide Clean Energy Summit for Students
SUNY New Paltz on Saturday, April 9thcomments share
Sunlight Revolution Action Summit
On Saturday, April 9th, students from across New York State will converge at SUNY New Paltz to learn how they can take part in catalyzing a statewide transition to renewable energy. Following the ban of fracking in New York, we have a tremendous opportunity to lead the nation in building a renewable energy economy. This will reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, battle climate change, and create tens of thousands of jobs in the process.
The Sunlight Revolution Action Summit will bring together student leaders to begin building an organized statewide campaign to advance renewable energy and efficiency on campus as well as create more job opportunities for students to enter the renewable energy workforce. At the summit, Sunlight Revolution campaign coordinators and volunteers from across the state will share the vision for the initiative. We will also provide leadership training and the materials to launch the Sunlight Revolution campaign on their campuses during Earth Week April 17th - 23rd.
Help create a vehicle to give students a voice for building our renewable energy future in New York!
Summit itinerary includes:
- Launching of Sunlight Revolution, a campaign created by Frack Action and Mark Ruffalo
- Guest lectures from young professionals in the field of renewable energy and campus organizing
- Student leadership trainings including How to Write a Press Release, Petitioning, Public Speaking, Lobbying, Canvassing, & more
- Sharing of #SunlightRevolution posters, postcards and materials for Earth Day
- Network with existing college environmental groups, students, and clubs
Lunch, coffee and tea will be provided. Those traveling to New Paltz from out of the area can register to stay with an overnight host.
For students to RSVP, please go to: bit.ly/SunRev
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.