Set it Back! Cornell
Help save energy over the holiday break ...comments share
Cornell campus community:
Cornell is continuing its commitment to the environment by aggressively pursuing energy conservation measures whenever possible. Energy-conserving decisions and behavior are key elements of the Cornell Climate Action Plan.This includes temperature setbacks, shutting off lights in unoccupied buildings, and turning off office equipment that is not being used. This is a truly visionary goal, and one that will require input and action from every one of us. In order for this effort to be successful, Facilities Services need your continued help and cooperation.
Temperature setback settings will affect mainly classrooms, offices, and teaching labs. In general, research labs and animal facilities will not be included. Setbacks will be extended in classroom, teaching labs, dorms, athletic facilities, and dining facilities that are vacated from Monday, Dec. 24, 2012 through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013.
We are asking for help from you, the campus community, in conserving energy and water. It is the responsibility of each building occupant to do the following items when leaving for the holiday break:
- Close laboratory fume hoods and shut down non-essential lab equipment.
- Close windows and shut internal and external doors.
- Turn off all lights in your office or any shared area (such as conference rooms, break rooms, restrooms, and classrooms).
- Shutdown office equipment and unplug power cords from the outlets (computers, faxes, printers, coffee makers etc.).
- Do not use space heaters.
- Report any air or water leaks to the Facilities Customer Service Center (255-5322).
Thank you for your support and have a great holiday!
Vice President, Facilities Services
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.