Paid Sustainability Intern Position Town of Ithaca
Town of Ithaca recruiting to hire a student (undergraduate or graduate) or recent graduate for a part-time position spring 2015 semester...comments share
The Town of Ithaca is looking to hire a student (undergraduate or graduate) or recent graduate for a part-time position for the spring 2015 semester. The Intern will support the work of the Sustainability Planner for the Town of Ithaca and the City of Ithaca, assisting in a variety of projects related to sustainability in government operations and the broader community. Projects may involve work related to: development of the Town of Ithaca Community Energy Action Plan; municipal solar energy development; residential energy efficiency; and government vehicle fleet efficiency. The intern will provide support for other projects as needed. To learn more about sustainability efforts at the Town of Ithaca, visit: www.town.ithaca.ny.us/sustainability.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
Work activities will vary a good deal, but will include the following:
- Conduct research and prepare reports, edit existing documents
- Collect and analyze data, prepare data for presentation
- Assist with planning and running meetings, take meeting minutes
- Assist in communications; Represent the Town at outreach events
- Provide administrative help
- Specific knowledge of issues and terminology related to energy use and sustainability, especially topic areas described in Description section above
- Local knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Motivation and ability to work independently
- Flexibility in schedule is a plus (e.g. ability to attend occasional evening or weekend events)
The Intern will work 8-10 hours per week through the spring semester (early February through early May 2015). For those eligible for work study, the hourly pay rate will be $12.25. For those not eligible, this will be a volunteer position.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Email a resume and cover letter in PDF format to: Nick Goldsmith Sustainability Planner Town of Ithaca and City of Ithaca email@example.com
Application deadline: January 23, 2015, 12 noon Early applications are encouraged.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.