Lehman Fund Makes Seven Awards for China Study
The Jeffrey S. Lehman Fund for Scholarly Exchange with China made grants to Cornell faculty members and graduate students to support collaborative research projects...comments share
Via the Cornell Chronicle, 05/06/14
Seven scholars (four faculty members, one faculty-graduate student team and two graduate students) have received awards from the Jeffrey S. Lehman Fund for Scholarly Exchange with China. The fund provides grants to initiate research projects, sponsor research-related conferences or workshops, host visitors from China or support faculty travel to China to work with colleagues on collaborative research projects.
Projects and winners are:
- 2014 Genomic Instability Gordon Research Conference in Hong Kong; project director: Robert S. Weiss, associate professor of molecular genetics, Department of Biomedical Sciences;
- Planning Workshops for Establishing a U.S.-China Research Center on Air Pollution Control; project director: K. Max Zhang, associate professor, Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering;
- A Linking of East and West in Fine Art Print Traditions, project director: Elisabeth Haly Meyer, associate professor, Department of Art;
- Local Government Role in Promoting Sustainability: What Can the U.S. and China Learn From Each Other?; project director: Mildred Warner, professor, Department of City and Regional Planning;
- A New Type of Maritime Security in East Asia: Harmonizing Chinese and American Visions of Order; project directors: Xu Xin, adjunct associate professor, China and Asia-Pacific Studies/Department of Government, and Isaac Kardon, Ph.D. candidate in the field of government;
- The Investigation of Consumer Feedback in Time of Use Pricing in China; project director: Jing Ge, M.S. candidate in the field of design and environmental analysis; and
- Defining the Functional and Metabolic Role of Iron in the Relationship Between Aerobic Training and Physical Performance; project director: Laura Pompano, Ph.D. candidate in the field of nutritional sciences.
Established in honor of former Cornell President Jeffrey Lehman’s commitment to fostering Cornell’s global linkages, the Jeffrey S. Lehman Fund for Scholarly Exchange with China supports research collaborations between Cornell faculty and graduate students and their counterparts at China’s major research universities.
For more information, contact Laurie Damiani, director of international initiatives, Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs, at email@example.com or 607-255-6732.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.