Join Big Red Bikes and lead Cornell forward to a sustainable future!
Join the Big Red Bikes team as Marketing and Finance Director...comments share
We provide students and faculty with a fast, convenient, and environmentally responsible mode of transportation. As we expand with better bikes and more stations on campus we are looking for motivated, creative and independent individuals to join our team as Marketing and Finance Directors.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for:
- recruiting and managing a marketing team for BRB
- recruiting new e-board members and maintenance volunteers
- raising awareness for BRB on campus
- getting more students and faculty registered to use the bikes
- monitoring user satisfaction and developing initiatives to make the Big Red Bikes experience better
- working with the finance director to hold fundraising events
- working to create partnerships with other groups on campus and throughout ithaca
The Finance Director will be responsible for:
- researching funding sources for the organization
- preparing funding applications and reports
- handling expenditures and managing accounts
- discussing expenditures with the E-board to allocate finances in the most cost-efficient and effective manner
- working with team members to delegate responsibilities for funding paperwork and administrative work.
- holding fundraising events (should collaborate with Marketing Director)
- assisting with the Administrative Director to keep track of fees and fines
Applicants should have:
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- excellent organizational skills
- relevant experience (we will consider applicants with good ideas in place of experience!)
- relevant computer skills a plus
Applicants are expected to:
- attending weekly e-board meetings
- meeting with team members when needed
- keeping a flexible schedule
- Gain leadership and professional experience
- Become part of a highly motivated and innovative team
- Be on the cutting edge of transportation technology and systems
If you are interested in either position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an attachment of your resume. Elections will occur on Thursday, November 8th at 5:30pm.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.