Seeking Student Intern: Graphic Design and Communications for Get Your GreenBack Tompkins
The Graphic Design & Communications Intern will redesign and rebuild getyourgreenback.org...comments share
The Graphic Design & Communications Intern will work with the campaign coordinator to redesign and rebuild getyourgreenback.org to improve elegance and usefulness of site, and its ability to showcase local businesses and resources, in order to help individuals and organizations take steps to reduce their carbon footprint and strengthen the local economy. Specifically, the intern will design icons and visuals for the site, and help build and set up site using web platform (Squarespace, likely) and upload content.
Job Title: Graphic Design & Communications Intern
Supervisor: Karim Beers, Campaign Coordinator, Get Your GreenBack Tompkins
Employing Agency: Cornell Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
Agency Address: 615 Willow Ave. Ithaca, NY 14850
Agency Phone: (607) 272-2292
Agency Fax: (607) 272-7088
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site address: www.getyourgreenback.org
Hours per week: 10-15; negotiable and flexible
Start date: August 2015 (flexible)
The Graphic Design & Communications Intern will work with the campaign coordinator to redesign and rebuild getyourgreenback.org to improve elegance and usefulness of site, and its ability to showcase local businesses and resources. Depending on progress with the website and intern time and interest, the intern may also work on designing brochures and other materials to be used in outreach.
- Design visuals for use in print and online media based on various iterations of input
- Design and set up site using web platform (Squarespace, likely) and upload content
- Create content for website
- Intern will also define specific projects and goals with GYGB staff based on interest and skills
This is a great opportunity to learn about local sustainability work, work with a team of other motivated interns, get to know the Ithaca area, and participate in cutting edge positive social change. Get Your GreenBack Tompkins is a non-profit, community-based campaign to inspire all households and businesses in Tompkins County to take one new step to save energy and money in the areas of food, transportation, waste, and building energy. The campaign is part of a larger movement building an ecologically sound and economically just community.
Previous work experience/skills/special requirements:
- Design or art majors preferred, or significant graphic design experience
- Marketing and advertising (including online, social media)
- Oral and written communication
- Must be highly motivated, organized, reliable
- Able to work independently, report progress, as well as ask for help when needed
- Interest in sustainability and social change
- Must be federal work study eligible or willing to accept an unpaid internship.
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.