Job Opening: Assistant Director of Sustainability for The University at Albany's Office of Sustainability
The closing date for receipt of applications is: June 13, 2016...comments share
The University at Albany's Office of Sustainability is seeking an Assistant Director of Sustainability to oversee the administration of campus engagement programs and operational initiatives. Primary responsibilities include establishing and providing leadership for sustainability events and initiatives, coordinating activities of UAlbany Green Scene groups and student organizations, providing administrative support for the office, and supervising student staff, interns and volunteers. The Assistant Director will also maintain and monitor office communications including the Green Scene email, social media outlets, a monthly bulletin and the creation of education materials. In addition, the Assistant Director will represent the office at campus wide events and on internal committees and participate in professional organizations related to sustainability.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in the environmental, communication or educational field, from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience working in the sustainability field is required
- Experience working with Adobe Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- Must be comfortable communicating via social media
- Applicants must address in their applications, their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Master's degree, from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience in the field of higher education is preferred
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant - SL-2
Start Date: July 2016
The closing date for receipt of applications is: June 13, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=70431
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.