Don't Miss Green & Cozy
Community presentations on pellet heat & energy efficiency with discounts that will knock your socks off!!comments share
HOME COMFORT THROUGH PELLET HEAT
AND ENERGY EFFICIENCY
LOOKING FOR A GREEN AND AFFORDABLE WAY TO HEAT YOUR HOME
AND BE MORE COMFORTABLE?
Come learn about how Tompkins County residents are saving money and enjoying greater comfort through a combination of energy efficiency and wood pellet stoves and boilers. At a series of presentations in Trumansburg, Newfield, Caroline, Dryden and Lansing, community educators from Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County and Get Your GreenBack Tompkins will provide up-to-date information on the benefits of weatherizing homes and installing wood pellet stoves and boilers. Learn about the various state and federal rebates and incentives that help make investments in efficiency and purchasing a pellet stove cost effective. While there are incentives for all households, rebates are especially generous for homes that do not heat with natural gas and have limited incomes. In addition, through this program local pellet stove vendors are providing discounts to make the switch even easier.
By combining federal and state incentives with local discounts, qualifying customers can come away with a warmer, safer and more comfortable home at a surprisingly low cost.
This program helps guide participants through the sometimes complicated state and federal rebates and incentives that can dramatically lessen the cost of these energy-saving steps. By taking these steps, participants support the growing local energy-efficiency industry and support hundreds of local jobs in Tompkins County.
Rebates & Incentives
Rebates and programs covering 10% to 100% of energy efficiency improvements for all homes in Tompkins County:
- Empower NY - If your family makes less than 60% of the State's median income ($51,790 for a family of four in 2016), you may qualify for the Empower program which covers 100% of qualifying energy improvements like insulation, air sealing, and more.
- The Weatherization Assistance Program, administered locally by Tompkins Community Action, uses the same eligibility criteria as Empower NY, and provides additional energy improvements at no cost.
- Assisted Home Performance with Energy Star - For families below 80% of area median income ($67,504 for a family of four in Tompkins County, Feb 2016). This covers 50% of eligible improvements up to $5,000.
Pellet Stoves & Boilers
Combined discounts up to $3,800. Stoves sold for $2,500-$4,500. You do the math!
- Renewable Heat NY - $1,500-$2,500 rebate on pellet stoves for residences that are not served by natural gas (more for boilers)
- Local Vendor Discounts - $300-$500 off select stoves
- WarmUp Tompkins - $500 rebate for homeowners who do both energy efficiency improvements and purchase a pellet stove.
In addition, there is a Federal Tax Credit for up to $300 for energy efficiency improvements or equipment, which can be used for either insulation and air sealing or pellet stoves.
WORKSHOP Dates and Locations
Ulysses Town Hall, 10 Elm St, Trumansburg
Wednesday, March 30, 6PM - 8PM
Lansing Community Center, (Next to Town Hall @) 29 Auburn Rd, Lansing
Tuesday, April 5, 6PM - 8PM
***co-sponsored by Sustainable Tompkins***
Dryden Fire Hall, 26 North St, Dryden
Tuesday, April 12, 6PM - 8PM
Newfield Fire Hall, 77 Main St, Newfield
Monday, April 18, 6PM - 8PM
Brooktondale Community Center, 524 Valley Rd, Brooktondale
Tuesday, April 26, 6PM - 8PM
Cooperative Extension of Tompkins County
615 Willow Ave, Ithaca
Saturday, May 7, 10AM - 3PM
Danby - Saturday, April 9 10 AM-Noon
(address and details will be posted soon)
+ more to come
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.