Cornell Campus Sustainability Office Employment Opportunity
Sustainability Engagement Manager-Deadline to apply Friday, September 2, 2016comments share
The Campus Sustainability Office is currently conducting a search for a Sustainability Engagement Manager!
The Campus Sustainability Office empowers, equips, and engages our diverse partners to catalyze a sustainable campus transformation. We envision Cornell University as a carbon neutral, living laboratory for sustainability innovation; a place where every Cornelian can make a positive impact on social, environmental, and economic progress. Click here to learn more.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive compensation, health insurance, and a 403b retirement plan with generous employer contribution
- Generous paid leave provisions: 3 weeks of vacation, 12 university holidays
- Impressive educational benefits, including: tuition-free Extramural Study & Employee Degree Program, Tuition Aid for external education, Cornell Children’s Tuition Assistance program
- A rich array of services, programs and benefits to help employees advance in their career and enhance their quality of life, including: employee wellness, workshops, childcare and adoption assistance, parental leave, flexible work options. For more information visit: Benefits at Cornell.
As a key member of the Energy & Sustainability department, the Sustainability Engagement Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the “Think Big, Live Green” campaign for Cornell University. The purpose of this initiative is to instill a sense of social and environmental responsibility into the campus community, enabling a sustainable campus transformation.
- Serve as a liaison to the campus community to educate and promote sustainable and just behaviors.
- Develop campus outreach programs to engage users in sustainable behaviors.
- Manage content on the department, division and university web sites and social media platforms that promotes sustainable behaviors, and lead the development of new interactive features to promote sustainability engagement.
- Leverage faculty expertise and partner on academic campus living laboratory initiatives.
- Support and mentor sustainability-focused student organizations, and other student projects related to sustainability efforts.
Bachelor's degree in a field supporting engagement, behavior change, outreach, and program management and coordination in sustainability. Other formal four-year training program and at least 3 years of related work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience in sustainability. Demonstrated ability to embrace diversity and connect sustainability with social justice. Experience with behavior change methodologies such as Community Based Social Marketing. Must be self-directed, have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Learn More.
To create a profile online please click here and get connected to Cornell recruiters.Deadline to apply Friday, September 2, 2016
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.