Check out the Sustainability Internship Program (SIP) in Tompkins County for the Fall 2015 semester!
Are you interested in impacting your local community, while developing key employment skills?comments share
Check out the Sustainability Center's Sustainability Internship Program (SIP) for the Fall 2015 semester. SIP is gearing up for Fall 2015 placements. We are matching students from local institutions of higher education with non-profit organizations and green businesses to complete sustainability projects here in Tompkins County, to addresses one or more of the following issues:
- Transportation Alternatives Community Health
- Waste Diversion and Reduction Smart Development / Green Building
- Community Engagement and Social Justice Natural Resource Conservation
- Energy / Greenhouse Gas Emissions Sustainable Agriculture/Local Food
Check out the internships we have available at:
If you’re interested in applying, please submit your resume and letter of inquiry, by Friday, April 17th, to: email@example.com (PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOST ORGANIZATION DIRECTLY).
As participants in the Sustainability Internship Program, STUDENTS MUST COMMIT TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Participation in pre-placement Orientation
- Completion of pre- and post- internship surveys
- On-going communication with your host supervisor & student volunteer coordinator
- Compile a Photo Documentary of your internship experience using a medium of choice, and
- A Presentation demonstrating the impact of your work at the end of the semester.
FALL 2015 Sustainable Internships will Post March 20, 2015
Our Mission: The Sustainability Center (tSC) is an inclusive community space that promotes resources and tools to engage conversation, education, and the creation of an ecologically sound, socially just, and prosperous future. The Sustainability Center is a place where local residents, professionals, visitors, and students can learn about the broad range of sustainability projects and programs underway in Tompkins County and the Finger Lakes Region. We place particular emphasis on activities and programs that simultaneously advance the three pillars of sustainability: economic prosperity, social equity and environmental stewardship and show how they are interrelated. The Sustainability Center is a project of the Center for Transformative Action.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.