APPLY NOW! Paid Student Position: Sustainability Communications Innovator with the Campus Sustainability Office
Application deadline extended to September 8, 2017 | Open to all current Cornell University studentscomments share
The Cornell University Campus Sustainability Office is seeking a part-time, paid story-telling, communications, media analytics and research position for undergraduate students beginning Fall 2017. Federal Work Study not required. Open to all majors. Pay: $11/hour. The position will begin at 10 hours a week and open to student available to work both Fall and Spring semesters, with the potential to continue paid for up to 20 hours a week during the summer.
The Campus Sustainability Office works to empower, equip, and engage the campus community to model and invent solutions necessary for a healthy and resilient future. Help support media coverage and promotion of key sustainability events and resources. Work with a dynamic team supporting communication projects which support the Climate Action Plan and goal to reach neutrality by 2035, topical sustainability coverage in food, water, waste, and transportation, and collaborative projects with student, staff and faculty teams of the President’s Sustainable Campus Committee. Join us as we aim to transform the campus into a ‘living laboratory’ for sustainable solutions by creating dynamic and engaging communications content, and supporting critical communications research and infrastructure. More information on campus sustainability initiatives sustainablecampus.cornell.edu.
Applications due September 8th 2017.
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide creative design support to staff and interns in the Campus Sustainability Office
- Assist in creative storytelling opportunities to share sustainability leadership and innovation stories from across campus
- Support content development and engagement materials for the Sustainable Campus website [link]
- Help create dynamic outreach materials to support the creation of a new Campus Sustainability Plan
- Monitor and create metrics tracking for sustainability news and story impact; capture and record relevant sustainability stories and events through the Sustainable Campus website
- Create analytics insights for Sustainable Campus website and Campus Sustainability outreach materials and stories across platforms
- Research cutting edge communication solutions, outreach and impact strategies, and new technology to enhance sustainability engagement, learning, and culture at Cornell University
- Support the redesign and implementation of the Sustainable Campus website; assist in redefining an interactive climate and sustainability progress reporting platform
- Use the Hootsuite platform to create news and events stories to share through Facebook , Twitter, and Instagram
- Support Campus Sustainability Office staff with various communication, media, analytics, tracking, content development, and other projects as needed
- Innovator and self-starter with the desire to perform consistent excellent work
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with short deadlines
- Ability to learn and use new tools and media platforms quickly and proficiently
- Interest and experience in one or more types of communications content development (graphic, writing, new media, etc.)
- Familiar with social media engagement strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Hootsuite content management
- Ability to use a web content management system, basic HTML proficiency a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Premier Plus, Adobe After effects a plus
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.