Application Deadline Extended for Sustainability Internship Program
The Sustainability Internship Program, a feature of the Sustainability Center, still has Fall 2013 placements available!comments share
The Sustainability Internship Program, a feature of the Sustainability Center, still has Fall 2013 placements available! We have decided to extend our application process with the hope of filling all 17 internships currently available.
We are matching students from local institutions of higher education with non-profits, government agencies, and green businesses to complete sustainability projects here in Tompkins County.
CURRENT PLACEMENTS AVAILABLE in the Sustainability Internship Program:
Sustainable Agriculture / Local Food
- Marketing & Outreach, Wood’s Earth Living Classroom
- Fundraising Intern, Wood’s Earth Living Classroom
- Fall Harvest Coordinator, Wood’s Earth Classroom
- Research & Marketing Intern, Cayuga St. Kitchen
- Groundswell Videographer, Groundswell Center for Local Food & Farming
- Volunteer Coordinator, Sustainability Center
- Marketing Intern, Sustainability Center
- Gallery Assistant, Sustainability Center
- Fundraising Assistant, Sustainability Center
- Graphic Design Intern, Joint Sustainability Center, Sustainable Tompkins, & Get Your Green Back
- Fundraising Assistant, EcoVillage at Ithaca Center for Sustainability Education
Sustainable Local Economy
- Program Developer, Green Resource Hub / Finger Lakes Green Plus
- Membership Development Assistant, Sustainable Enterprise& Entrepreneur Network (SEEN)
- Marketing & Outreach, Green Resource Hub
- Event Coordinator, Sustainable Enterprise & Entrepreneur Network (SEEN)
Energy / Green House Gas Emissions
- Watt Meter Lending Lead, Green Resource Hub
- Outreach Intern, Ithaca Carshare
Are YOU interested in impacting your local community, while developing key employment skills? As participants in the Sustainability Internship Program, students must commit to the following: 1) Participation in a pre-placement orientation; 2) Completion of pre- and post-internship surveys; 3) On-going communication with your host supervisor & student volunteer coordinator and 4) a presentation demonstrating the impact of your work at the end of the semester.
To apply, please submit your RESUME and COVER LETTER, clearly indicating the match that exists between the skills & experience required in the internship description and your background, to: Jackie@sustainabilityctr.org or mail it to: Jackie Mouillesseaux-Grube, Director, Sustainability Center, 111 N. Albany St., Ithaca, NY 14850.
We hope you’ll jump into the community and help a local non-profit, government agency, or green business complete a sustainability project here in Tompkins County!!
Questions or concerns, contact Jackie Mouillesseaux-Grube, Director, Sustainability Center at: Jackie@sustainabilityctr.org or (607) 227-7329
Visit the Sustainability Center website.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.