2015 Pack Natural Resources Management Essay Contest
Win Money! Enter the Natural Resources Management Essay Competition for a chance to win...comments share
Does writing about natural resources and the environment excite you?
Does the prospect of winning a prize for your writing excite you even more?
Then consider joining the Charles Lathrop Pack Foundation Essay Contest!
The competition is open to any undergraduate who has enrolled in a Natural Resources (NTRES) or Science of Natural and Environmental Systems (SNES) course during the 2014-2015 academic year, and to all undergraduate students in the fields of Natural Resources, Science of Natural and Environmental Systems and Environmental Science & Sustainability.
Total prize money available is $900 which will be distributed among the top winners. The purpose of the contest, as expressed by the donor, is "to encourage young professionals to write articles that will arouse in the public an interest in natural resource management and an appreciation of what resource management means to the nation." Essays should be in a style that would be suitable for publication in a lay readership journal or magazine.
Follow these simple submission instructions:
• The essay should not exceed 2,500 words in length.
• It should be double-spaced, and printed on 8 ½ x 11" paper, single-sided, and stapled.
• The first page should include a title, student's major, advisor's name, and an assumed name for the author, to preserve anonymity during the review process. If you are not a Natural Resources major, please indicate which Natural Resources courses you have enrolled in this academic year.
• The real name of the author and the author's e-mail address should be enclosed in a sealed envelope labeled with the assumed name.
• You must submit a hard-copy entry.
Only one submission per person is allowed.
All entries (essay and name envelope in the format as outlined above) should be submitted no later than 4:00 PM, Wednesday, April 8th
Your essay entries should be delivered to Marian Hovencamp, NTRES Undergraduate Program, G15 Fernow. The essays will be judged by a committee and winners will be notified by e-mail.
Views expressed in News posts may not be those of Cornell University. No endorsement is implied.